Thursday, June 15, 2006

Two Weeks of Base Building Completed !

On June first, I took the unprecedented step of SLOWING DOWN in order to SPEED UP.

It still sounds counterintuitive. Although my reading of the physiology tells me that it is sound. The most amazing thing about the last two weeks is the fact that I have increased the amount of running I have done (ie hours per week) without feeling worn out.

I am also impressed by the fact that I have enough energy for a kick at the end of a 7 or 13 mile run.

There are only 2 weeks until we begin training for the NYC Marathon with Team For Kids. Currently, we are sending Emails back and forth on Yahoo and getting to know each other. I'll be interested in taking a look at the training schedule when it comes out, and I intend to follow it to the letter.

Tonight's run was interesting. Since I overslept in the morning I had to run after work. It was about 85 degrees at 8:00 PM and it was difficult to keep my heart rate at MAF (maximum aerobic fitness) level tonight, so (of course) I said forget it and sprinted the last half mile.

So much for consistency. Still, it was a good run and I felt comfortable.