Friday, June 16, 2006

SATISFACTION

I've said it before, and it's true, that preparing for a marathon is an emotional rollercoaster. A great run is often followed by a poor run, fatigue, illness, or all of the above.

But today I am struck by the fact that I have (in some way) made progress this week and I am satisfied in the fact that I was able to accomplish all of the things I set out to do this week.

  • I ran for 4 days.
  • I increased the average duration and mileage for the week.
  • I was able to maintain my MAF pace (most of the time) and
  • I did not injure myself or become sick.

Okay, admittedly these are small milestones. But they are milestones nevertheless. And who knows maybe someday when I hit a rut at a later stage in my training I'll be able to look back on this post and feel better about what I'm doing.

Sent from Onyeije's Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

carmen said...

Those are some great milestones. I enjoyed reading your blog and hope to read more as you keep training for that marathon!

I'm training for one myself in January (the PF chang's Rock and Roll Marathon in Phoenix). :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Carmen,

And good luck in your training. I will be checking out your blog from time to time.

onyeije