Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Aching Ankle

Over the last week or so my right ankle has been aching ever-so-slightly.

After my long run on Sunday (13 miles) if was a little tender to touch along the inner aspect of the ankle; however I was able to ice it and place someAspercream on it in the evening and was able to run (with some discomfort) on Monday morning.

On Tuesday, my ankle was still hurting and that (plus my overall fatigue) kept me from Running on Tuesday.

I was able to run 8 miles this morning (which is a PR for distance in a pre-work AM run) and only noticed actual pain in the first 1 or 2 miles.

My plan is to take it easy next week in anticipation of a reasonable performance at the Peachtree 10K on July 4th. Part of me keeps telling me that I should completely rest my ankle now, however, I need to complete at least one more workout for this week to maintain my current 4 runs per week and > 30 miles per week trend that started in July.

No comments: