Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Greetings from Hilton Head S.C.

Today's post is being written from Hilton Head South Carolina where we are enjoying a week of vacation. I am here for the Georgia State Medical Association convention where I will be giving a speech on recent trends in perinataology on Friday.

Sunday's run was planned for 12 miles but changed to 10 miles. My overall pace for this run was slower than the long run a week earlier, however:

  1. The route was more difficult with more hills.
  2. I was carrying a water bottle for the first time during a long run and
  3. It was considerably hotter than during previous long runs.

Not sure if those are explanations or excuses... They sound like the latter to me!

Monday (yesterday) was the first day of my vacation and filled with my usual post-long run soreness. Today (Tuesday) my throat is sore as can be, likely due to the fact that I did not consume enough water yesterday. This is becoming a common theme:

  • Long run Sunday
  • Insufficient hydration Sunday and Monday
  • Sore throat on Tuesday.

I am not sore today. I did an easy 30 minutes on the stationary bike this morning and didn't do anything yesterday. Looking forward to 5 or 6 miles on the beach tomorrow morning.

No comments: