Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Am I Physically or Psychologically Exhausted?

Today felt like rock bottom. The scratchy throat from yesterday became a full fledged cold overnight. I bravely went out to attempt my planned 5 to 6 miles. What a mistake. Within one mile, I had to stop. I couldn't breath due to my stuffy nose. I was also just plain exhausted and could not move quickly or efficiently.

More importantly, I did not WANT to run. My mind was filled with thoughts of why I was doing this in the first place and I seriously considered just stopping the whole running thing. Thank goodness this was a limited thought process.

I made the spot decision to stop all running during my vacation and to rest myself and recover from the fatigue I was feeling. I have decided to slow things down a bit and work on quality workouts rather than quantity.

Hope this is a good idea.

No comments: