Monday, May 23, 2005

Five miles the hard way

Yesterday's run was supposed to be a long run. It turns out that it was only 5 miles. Which is 0.6 miles longer than my longest weekday run the week before and two miles shorter than my longest long run before my ankle injury.

This run (yesterday's) encomassed all of the reasons why I consider quitting this dream of running a Marathon in 2005. But it also had enough inspiration to make me want to push on.

Mile 1: I started off slow with the now everpresent pain in right knee and left ankle.

Miles 2&3: picked up the pace effortlessly. Yea, the splits were only 10:40 and 10:39 per mile buit it really felt good. Felt as though I could do this forever.

Mile 4: hit the wall. Quite inexplicably, actually. Legs felt like lead and every step took effort.

Mile 5: Angry at myself for having a bad run. Not at all focussed. Forgot completely about miles 2&3.

It will be intersting to see what Tuesday's run will bring! I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep up the hard work!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. Its not easy, but I've got to do it.

Thanks again.
Onyeije

Anonymous said...

Hey Chuks,
I have so much faith in you. I know that you can do it! It's going to be so much fun cheering you on in November. Whoopee!!!