Saturday, May 27, 2006

A good month

A few words about the month of May seem appropriate. This is the third month of my running comeback. There are so many things I'm doing differently this time around and they appear to be making a difference in my overall fitness and commitment to training.

First and foremost is my paranoia regarding getting re-injured. I realized that a large portion of my running prior to both of my injuries last season had the same formula. Run hard for multiple days in a row for short mileage, break down, become discouraged. Stop running for a long period of time. Start running hard again and repeat the cycle.

After my knees went bad on me last Fall and the doctor told me he thought it was early osteoarthritis I thought I was through with running.

However, thanks to chondroitin and glucosamine and a little patience I slowly came back.

So what do I have to show for it?

Two straight months of 60+ miles.

Longer weekday runs.

Two consecutive 20+ mile weeks for the first time since I took up running again.

And most importantly no injuries and more energy. I know this will sound repetitive due to the multiple false-starts announced on this Blog regarding comebacks...

But this time I think I'm on the right track.
Sent from Onyeije's Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: